The Arab-led coalition fighting in Yemen has intercepted a total of 10 explosive-laden drones targeting civilians on Sunday; according to state media.
The bloc said earlier that it has destroyed five armed drones and that it was closely; following a number of other ones. It then said it has intercepted five more drones that were towards Saudi Arabia.
The drones also aimed at “civilian” targets in Saudi Arabia, the official Saudi Press Agency reported, without specifying the locations.
The coalition reaffirmed that it continues to work to protect civilians in accordance with international law.
“We take operational measures to protect civilians and civilian objects in accordance with international humanitarian law,” the statement said.
Meanwhile, the United Arab Emirates has condemned on Sunday the Houthi drone attacks on Saudi Arabia; calling the international community to take a “decisive stance” against “repetitive” attacks by the militia group.
The Arab coalition early Saturday said that it intercepted seven Houthi drones launched towards southwest Saudi Arabia towards Khamis Mushait and one fired towards Jazan; in the past 24 hours.
The attacks sparked calls for action against the Iran-backed militias.
The United States and the United Nations have stepped up diplomatic efforts to end the conflict, which is largely seen in the region; as a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran.